St. Sebastians Church is located in India. It’s at a tiny village called Chanjody in Kottayam District of Kerala.
Chanjody is located at the border portion of Kottayam and Pathanamthitta Districts of Kerala. This area is situated between Thrickodithanam and Kunnamthanam Parishes from which it was repatriated. The residents of Roman Catholics their preferred to have a new church there and 1955 Arch Bishop Kavukatt allowed the people there to build a church there.
Accordingly the foundation stone for a new church was laid on 11.2.1955 by Fr. John Mullamkuzhy, Vicar of Thrickodithanam parish church. The new church was blessed on 10.2.1956 and the first church day celebration was on 12.2.1956. It was only a chapel at that time with 125 families only.
On 15.8.1967 the church was upgraded with an independent parish. A new church was constructed and blessed on 4.3.1982 by Arch Bishop Antony Padiyara. It comes under Arch Diocese of Changanacherry.